Power System Development Fund (PSDF) has been constituted vide Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (Power System Development Fund) Regulations, 2010 dated 4th June 2010.
Following regulatory charges are being credited to PSDF:
- Congestion Charges standing to the credit of the “Congestion Charge Account” after release of amounts payable to Regional Entities entitled to receive congestion charges along with interest, if any, in accordance with the Congestion Relief Regulations.
- Congestion amount arising from the difference in the market prices of different regions as a consequence of market splitting in power exchanges in accordance with Power Market Regulations.
- Deviation Settlement Charges standing to the credit of the “Regional Deviation Pool Account Fund” after final settlement of claims in accordance with Deviation Settlement Mechanism Regulations.
- RLDC Reactive Energy charges standing to the credit of Reactive Energy Charges Account in accordance with the Grid Code.
- Additional Transmission Charges arising out of the explicit auction process in STOA Advance Bilateral transactions in accordance with the CERC (Open Access in interstate transmission) Regulations, 2008 and amendments thereof.
- Such other charges as may be notified by the Central Commission from time to time.
CERC (PSDF) Regulations, 2010 dated 4th June 2010 have been modified in line with the Ministry of Power’s communication issued vide reference No. 29/9/2010-R&R (Vol. II) dated 10th January, 2014 in respect of the Cabinet Approval regarding the scheme for operationalization of the Power System Development Fund (PSDF) and utilization of funds deposited therein. PSDF Regulations, 2014 have been notified by CERC on 9th June 2014.
Regional Power Committees, Generating Companies, Transmission Licensees, Distribution Licensees and Load Dispatch Centers as the case may be, shall submit the schemes to NLDC as Nodal Agency for funding from PSDF. NLDC would pose these schemes to the Appraisal Committee for technical Scrutiny. Based on the recommendations of the Appraisal Committee headed by chairperson, CEA and communication of the CERC, the disbursement of the funds under PSDF shall be sanctioned by an inter-ministerial Monitoring Committee headed by Secretary, Power.
Para 6 of the MoP Communication dated 10th January 2014, requires framing of the detailed Guidelines/Procedure for disbursement of the fund by the MoP in consultation with CERC. Accordingly, the detailed Guidelines/Procedure have been framed and approved by the Ministry of Power in consultation with CERC.
Approved Guidelines/Procedure also prescribes formats for submission of schemes for funding from PSDF. The entities intending to avail the funding from PSDF in accordance with the Guidelines/Procedure would be required to forward their schemes, in the prescribed formats, to the Nodal Agency.